WISeKey International Holding Ltd announces 2019 Annual General Meeting
Zug, Switzerland, April 29, 2019 – WISeKey International Holding Ltd (“WISeKey” or the “Company”) (SIX: WIHN) announced today that the Board of Directors has recommended certain proposals for shareholder approval at the 2019 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”). The AGM will be held at 2 p.m. CET on May 21, 2019 at the SIX Convention Point, Pfingstweidstrasse 110, CH-8001 Zurich, Switzerland. Additional details on the AGM are provided in the Company’s invitation to the AGM, published today.
Key item that the Board of Directors recommends shareholders approve at the AGM are:
- The re-election of Carlos Moreira, Philippe Doubre, David Ferguson, Dourgam Kummer, Maryla Shingler Bobbio, Juan Hernandez Zayas and Peter Ward as members of the Board, each for a term extending until completion of the 2020 AGM. Thomas Hürlimann has decided not to stand for re-election as directors at the end of their term at the 2019 AGM. The Board thanks him for his outstanding contributions to the Company in the past.
- The re-election of Carlos Moreira as Chairman of the Board for a term extending until completion of the 2020 AGM.
- The re-election of David Fergusson, Philippe Doubre and Maryla Shingler Bobbio as members of the Board’s Nomination & Compensation Committee, each for a term extending until completion of the 2020 AGM.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of (i) the Board for the period between the 2019 AGM and the 2020 AGM and (ii) the company’s executive management for financial year 2020 pursuant to Swiss law and the Company’s articles of association.
- The discharge of the members of the Board and executive management from liability for activities during fiscal year 2018.
The Company will also seek approval of the 2018 Annual Report, including, among other things, the 2018 Consolidated Audited Financial Statements (the “2018 Annual Report”) and the appropriation of a net loss.
WISeKey (SIX Swiss Exchange: WIHN) is a leading global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems for people and objects using Blockchain, AI and IoT respecting the Human as the Fulcrum of the Internet. WISeKey Microprocessors Secures the pervasive computing shaping today’s Internet of Everything. WISeKey IoT has an install base of over 1.5 billion microchips in virtually all IoT sectors (connected cars, smart cities, drones, agricultural sensors, anti-counterfeiting, smart lighting, servers, computers, mobile phones, crypto tokens etc.). WISeKey is uniquely positioned to be at the edge of IoT as our semiconductors produce a huge amount of Big Data that, when analyzed with Artificial Intelligence (AI), can help industrial applications to predict the failure of their equipment before it happens.
Our technology is Trusted by the OISTE/WISeKey’s Swiss based cryptographic Root of Trust (“RoT”) provides secure authentication and identification, in both physical and virtual environments, for the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. The WISeKey RoT serves as a common trust anchor to ensure the integrity of online transactions among objects and between objects and people.
For more information, visit www.wisekey.com.
Press and investor contacts:
|WISeKey International Holding Ltd
Company Contact: Carlos Moreira
Chairman & CEO
Tel: +41 22 594 3000
|WISeKey Investor Relations (US)
Contact: Lena Cati
The Equity Group Inc.
Tel: +1 212 836-9611
This communication expressly or implicitly contains certain forward-looking statements concerning WISeKey International Holding Ltd and its business. Such statements involve certain known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results, financial condition, performance or achievements of WISeKey International Holding Ltd to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. WISeKey International Holding Ltd is providing this communication as of this date and does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements contained herein as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, and it does not constitute an offering prospectus within the meaning of article 652a or article 1156 of the Swiss Code of Obligations or a listing prospectus within the meaning of the listing rules of the SIX Swiss Exchange. Investors must rely on their own evaluation of WISeKey and its securities, including the merits and risks involved. Nothing contained herein is, or shall be relied on as, a promise or representation as to the future performance of WISeKey.